Monday, November 30, 2009

Can i use cosmetic tattooing or permanent makeup to cover my birthmark?

I've read people's statements that the only thing that can be done with cosmetic tattooing is covering light and white areas of skin to make them closer to the normal skin tone. It never works out to cover pigment darker than your skin's. I'm black and my birthmark is lighter than my skin tone. Would it be possible for me to get it colored darker to perfectly match my skin color?Can i use cosmetic tattooing or permanent makeup to cover my birthmark?
Are you saying that you want an artist to tattoo over your birthmark to make it your same skin tone so it looks like you don't have a birthmark? Yes, that is very possible. Take a look at these spider veins and how well they were covered up:


http://www.smoothfx.com/smooth/cosmetic/鈥?/a>





****NOTE*****


It's a huge myth that tattoos unless from 30yrs ago will interfear with MRIs CT Scans etc.Can i use cosmetic tattooing or permanent makeup to cover my birthmark?
Wow, hard one. Generally, I'd say try the makeup designed to cover scars, Dermablend. Their website is www.dermablend.com


Tattoo dyes sometimes contain elements that make it difficult for you to have certain medical tests later in life like MRI's and CT scans.


If the Dermablend doesn't work, you need to consult a dermatologist who specializes in black skin problems. Good luck.
Why would you want to? Unless it REALLY looks like you have a pigment disorder, I woulden't worry about it. I'm paleeeee, and I have a few very large dark brown birthmarks, and they are unique to me :)


Be proud!
Years of experience has proven to cosmetic tattoo artists that this simply does not work. You cannot cancel out dark coloration in the skin with tattooing - especially white or skin tone colors that always look pasty and obvious over a dark pigmentation in the skin - a body art design is the best choice with multiple colors to distract.


If on the face, I can only recommend a very qualified laser doctor..


It depends on the birthmark. If it is a raised birthmark (closer the the mole family) then absolutley not. If it is a flat red or brown birthmark, you can, but the final decision lays with your tattoo artist. I he/she feels that his/her artistry cannot cover it up they will be up front about it if they are reputable. Try incorporating it into the piece instead of covering it up. Good luck!


http://www.psa-gr.com/procs/skin/laser-s鈥?/a>

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
skin moles