Saturday, November 28, 2009

Mary Kay cosmetics....What are your thoughts of selling or recruiting door to door?

I'm a consultant and I talk to people everywhere I go. Be careful advertising on Ebay and other places if you do not have the company approved advertisement that is located on your personal website. The company does not allow advertising that hasn't been preapproved and you could lose your MK business if you violate their terms.





You can go door to door but you really don't build a good relationship with the customer. To me that's trying to make a one-time sale. I recommend not leaving books with customers for long periods of time because they'll never order or if they do it'll be small stuff. Leave a book and give a deadline that you'll pick the book up on a certain date and their orders.





Don't waste your time leaving your card on peoples door or in person without getting their info. When people say they would rather you leave a book, card, or just a voice mail, they don't want to hurt your feelings by telling you they really aren't interested. Those who don't want face-to-face interaction really aren't interested in the first place and definitely would not make a great customer.





Try a ';Fish Bowl'; in the style of a ballot box. Find a store you would like to put it in and talk to the manager. Make a little hand made insert for the ballot box with some info cards for people to fill out. Make it a gift certificate drawing or something of the sort to help you get contacts. Check on it weekly and be sure to tape your business card on the bottom of the ballot box. Be sure to advise the manager that only the persons name on that card is allowed to retrieve the information from the box. You'd be surprised the dishonesty in people who'll take those names!





Also, I don't recommend deceiving potential customers that you are a makeup artist without telling them you are a Mary Kay consultant. If you cannot tell a potential customer you are a Mary Kay consultant, is that setting a good first and last impression on you and your business? If someone came at me like that, I'd steer clear of her.Mary Kay cosmetics....What are your thoughts of selling or recruiting door to door?
I would have to say that Mary Kay is hard. There are so many consultants out there that the market is saturated with them. I looked at selling different things and decided to go with Purse Party. I love it! Find what you like and sell it is my advice!Mary Kay cosmetics....What are your thoughts of selling or recruiting door to door?
they're great products


cheap too


good face washes


i havent tried there makeup





but they have great stuff and most of the ladies that work for mary kay are soooo nice!
If you want options that will not c ost as much let me know,
Listen I am currently a Mary Kay Rep I made enough to pull a c230 2008 benz let me tell you how I sell my skills I do not sell the product If u are a mkup artist and you are good they will automaticly want the product exapmle: when I first started I had a biz card I DID NOT TELL PEOPLE I WAS SELLING MK I told them I am a freelance mkup artist Which I am so it's not like I lied then I told them it would cost 60$ for a full makeup job if u are not a master mkup artist I would charge 20....anyways I showed my book or gave them the link 2 my myspace and they liked what they saw so when I did their mkup I hooked it up(keep in mind even if they buy nothing you pocketed 60$ most of the time if u are really good they will ask what u used and where they can get some that is when u bust out the mk To be quite honest I would do their mkup with my Mac and sell them the same color in mk HOTT2TROTT@ATT.NET look me up on MSPACE search Email
Mary Kay is hard, you have to invest and always have the product on hand and their products are good and last a while so once you sell a skin care set you won't see the customer again for a few months, I tried selling this but just didn't like it.
Too much work door to door there are people around you everywhere on a daily bases. I talk to people everywhere I go. Now with the men's line we even have the male market. if I am food shopping, at the park with my kids, whatever I am doing I just fit it in my day.


I don't find it hard at all it is the easier thing I ever did and I am not the sales type the only thing I ever sold ws girl scout cookies and I'm sure my Mom did most of those sales:)
Well, I don't think you will make a lot of money on it, since my mom tried the same thing!


But if you want to resell cosmetics, You should rent a lounge or parlor or empty room for one day and adertise it by putting your party in a newspaper, tape it up EVERYWHERE, get women to know about it, then have apetizers and champaigne and people can go aorund testing products, chatting, giving each other facials and massages, you will have some times to explain what your products do, and women will buy stuff!


You can also go to Fair's and places like that and sell your products.


Just make sure to advertise well, and smile smile smile!


LOL.


Also, dont push people to buy if they dont want to. They hate that, lol.


Well, Good Luck!
I don't think anyone does Mary Kay door-to-door anymore. You really need a website or e-bay or to find a mom and pop type of retail store that will let you have a little display in their shop.
I think the consultants are annoying. I find myself buying more of it when they leave their catalog with their information in places like nail salons or any other common place. Most people want a few key items, not to be plastered with a makeover with pressure to buy the whole catalog. Try mailing them in your neighborhood. I know when I get bored I tend to buy little things that are useful.
I know a few people who have done it. It wasn't a substantial form of income but it was just something they did for fun and because they liked the products. I suppose if you dedicate a lot of time to it you could make a lot of money.
I like some of their body products %26amp; colognes. Other than that I stick with a certain line for face %26amp; makeup. I personally would prefer someone leave their card at my door or leave a message on our vms--rather than a person to person visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
skin moles