Wednesday, June 23, 2010

ART - Anyone use cosmetics as art materials?

Hi,





My wife died - and she had all this cosmetic stuff, and my artistic mind was thinking about using this stuff as art materials - like paint or whatever.. like the lipstick, the blush, the foundation, pencils, or whatever. I know that sounds nuts.. but I'm curious if anyone else thought of this and has done this, and what can be used and what can't be used. I don't know what to do with her things yet. It's still too painful to deal with, but I'm slowly starting to deal with it some.





open to ideas.


thanksART - Anyone use cosmetics as art materials?
I had the idea of a portrait spring to mind, perhaps using lipstick would be really nice. Just the outline of a person face though.





Check Egon Schiele. He did some great portraits, in a very unique style.ART - Anyone use cosmetics as art materials?
This guy does many drawings and paintings with very unusual sutff, in this video he does a portrait of someone using mascara. Check out his profile you might get some ideas.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0sahHSNy_鈥?/a>
Everything under the sun has been used for artwork including food stuff. When you're up to it I think a portrait of your wife with her materials might be an idea worth considering?
I am so very sorry for your loss and will be praying for you.





Nail polish is used some times for art. My friend's aunt does it. I am sure lipstick and blush could posibly be used. Eye shadow would be cool and liners for the lines of the drawing/painting
It's a nice idea on using your wife's items onto making a painting. I usee to use eyeliners and lipsticks to draw random stuff, but i stopped... I think it's a great way to express your feelings (especially on what happened), and although you may think these items are... precious and you don't want to use them, I think it'd be great. :D
i did that once. it turned out good. liquid liner works good. so does other eyeliner and almost everything will work. just start experimenting. maybe you could even do a portrait of your wife to remember her and you'll be using something that will make it even more special because it was hers. I hope this helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
skin moles