Monday, June 21, 2010

Can you have labia reduction surgery without it being considered a cosmetic procedure?

The size of my labia is causing irritation and major pain. Labia reduction surgery has been on my mind for a while but it is too expensive and because it is considered cosmetic my insurance plan does not cover it. I can not bare it any longer, I simply cant live this way, it hurts to just sit and walk!Can you have labia reduction surgery without it being considered a cosmetic procedure?
The unfortunate fact here is that no one any good at it will do it for that which insurance wants to pay. I have had a few patients try to get insurance to pay them back after the surgery but they have only been occasionally successful.





It might be that I am a plastic surgeon. This gives insurance companies the cosmetic exclusion that they love so much on denial paperwork.Can you have labia reduction surgery without it being considered a cosmetic procedure?
Can you maybe keep shaved down there and every morning and evening rub cream all over it? It may just soften it up and take away the disomfort. Wear loose fitting clothing or a different material underwear as well.
If it's causing that much of a problem I wouldn't consider it cosmetic. If you can get a doctor on your side your insurance may cover it.
I think you can if it is causing real problems. I guess you would need a doctor to certify that is the case though.
If it is causing you serious pains that interfere with your life then call your insurance agency and ask.
the only way is to talk to your doctor ,,, he will no if you need surgery on it or not ,,, bit it rarely done

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
skin moles