Wednesday, June 23, 2010

How difficult is it to put on cosmetic contact lenses?

I'm thinkin about getting a pair but have like no experence whatsoever in putting them on/off. What do i do?How difficult is it to put on cosmetic contact lenses?
Cosmetic contact lenses still should be purchased from a licensed professional who should show you how to place and remove you new contacts and care for them properly. You eyes will need to be checked and sized for proper fit and in both diameter and curve. Most will even give you a cleaning solution starter kit and case when you are instructed.


They are pretty easy to use and wear, just like the prescription ones.How difficult is it to put on cosmetic contact lenses?
get someone who's done it before to show you in person.





generally, you hold back the eyelids, and gently place the contact on the surface.





for taking them off, you just grab it. it doesn't hurt.
They are easy. After the first day or two you get used to them.
this is not difficult, you only have to wash your hands and clean the lenses, put it in your index finger an insert it in the lids and acomodate it.
Their relitively easy! It took me a while to get use to touching my eye but after a month or so its second nature. That doesn't mean you wont have issues with them though! I still do and have been wearing them for 4 years but there great I LOVE not having glasses!!!
When I purchased my first pair of contacts my Optician would not let me leave the office until I showed her that I could put the contacts in and take them out, it took a few tries before I got the hang of it but believe me it is no easy task.





It is a natural instinct to close the eyes when something is coming towards you so you have to hold the eye lid with one hand look up and place the contact in the eye then you roll the eye down and up to settle the contact do the same for the other eye. To remove you look to the left or right depends on the eye, for the right eye you look left so that you can't see the finger coming :) place the finger on the edge of the contact and slide it out of your eye.





Oh make sure that you are using a clean surface and not an open drain.





Good luck I went back to glasses it is just so much more convenient.
To be quite honest with you, I bought a pair and I had a great deal of difficulty in putting them on too. I had never worn lenses and my eyes were teary and very uncomfortable. I think the best thing is to talk to an optometrist and get instructions.
Is not difficult is the way you pud it on that makes it look difficult.
Get themm.. and keep practicing putting them on and off..


it only took me 2 days until i was able to put them on =] pretty easy

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
skin moles