Monday, June 21, 2010

Does anyone know where I can get a pacemaker repositioned for cosmetic reasons?

I got the pacemaker implanted a few years ago, but it sticks out from my chest wall, as Im thin up top. Ive tried ignoring it, covering it, exposing it, but Im still self-conscious of it, it looks freaky, and Im a young single woman. I need it to be not visible or at least less so than it is now. I cant wear clothes up to my neck for the rest of my life.Does anyone know where I can get a pacemaker repositioned for cosmetic reasons?
go back the surgeon for replacement. He probably implanted the old one which i consider to be very thick to save money.Does anyone know where I can get a pacemaker repositioned for cosmetic reasons?
Contact any general surgeon, although the one who implanted the original pacemaker should probably be your first choice.





Explain the situation, and ask to have the pulse generator moved. He/she might be able to place it lower down or more to the side, where you have more tissue to cover it.





If you say it's for cosmetic reasons, you might have trouble convincing him/her to move it. If you say it's uncomfortable there, that you can't tolerate the location, or something like that, you might be able to have it moved.





Worse case scenario - you have to wait until the pulse generator needs to be replaced, By that time, there will likely be a smaller model available, and you can discuss placement location with the surgeon before it's changed.





Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
skin moles