Monday, June 21, 2010

Other then teeth whitening, what other dental work is considered cosmetic, and cannot be deducted?

Last year, I had over $6,000 in dental work done, and my husband had around $4,000. We had no insurance and all of it was out of pocket. I know I cannot claim the whitening, but is there anything else that I should not claim? Normal services, extractions, fillings, xrays, stitches, partials, and a bridge were completed. The fillings are the more expense white ones, does that make any difference?Other then teeth whitening, what other dental work is considered cosmetic, and cannot be deducted?
The difference is between health versus vanity. Tooth decay can lead to heart problems. So for each expense, ask yourself was this cost for my heart or is it for the way other people see me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
skin moles